Guideline 2-10: Publications
It is the responsibility of the Director of Communications and Publications to determine that the content, design, purpose and printing format of College publications serve the goals and objectives of the San Jacinto College District. The Director of Communications and Publications reports to the Vice President of Marketing, who is ultimately responsible for College publications.
Standard college publications that may be approved for departmental production include flyer, forms and brochures which are temporary in nature, require fewer than 200 copies and can be reproduced on campus.
Publications not approved for departmental production are marketing and recruitment brochures, pamphlets and posters. All College publications must conform to the District's standards of quality, accuracy and image.
All San Jacinto College publications must include the following elements:
- San Jacinto College logo or seal. The SJC official logo is available in different formats and resolutions at www.sanjac.edu/logos. Instructions for downloading, and guidelines for usage, are also available on that site. Should you require a specific departmental logo, the College seal, or have a special request, please contact the Director of Communications and Publications.
- Proper Names.
- The San Jacinto Community College District
- The San Jacinto College District
- San Jacinto College
- San Jacinto College North
- San Jacinto College Central
- San Jacinto College South
- Campus addresses.
San Jacinto College North
5800 Uvalde Road
Houston, Texas 77049
San Jacinto College Central
8060 Spencer Highway
Pasadena, Texas 77505
San Jacinto College South
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, Texas 77089
- College phone number. (281) 998-6150.
- College Web Address. http://www.sanjac.edu/
- Non-discrimination policy. It is the policy of The San Jacinto College District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicapping condition.
- Disclaimer (for use when printing course descriptions, course times, course dates, etc.). All course descriptions and degree information listed herein are subject to change. For up-to-date information, please consult the current San Jacinto College catalog on the College website.
Revision date. Month / Year (i.e., 02/2004).
Printing Copyrighted Materials
San Jacinto College will not knowingly publish or reprint previously copyrighted materials without written permission from the publisher, author or other party with a copyright interest. Before submitting questionable materials, first consult the publisher or author listed in the published work. Requests for reprinting copyrighted materials in part or entirety must be submitted with a letter stating granted permission from the publisher, author or other party with a copyright interest. The letters of permission will remain on file in the Marketing Office.
Publication Request Procedure
- For business cards, letterhead, and envelopes, please go to www.sanjac.edu/estore.
- For all other publication requests, please access the Publication Request Form online at http://internal.sjcd.edu/.
- Read the instructions thoroughly, and complete all sections of the form, including the FOAP code. Incomplete forms will be returned to the requester, and may further delay the production process.
- Please be sure to include a date when the publication is needed, allowing four to six (4-6) weeks for production. Special requests must be made through the Director of Communications and Publications.
- Return the form to the Project Manager, in the marketing office. You will receive via e-mail a project number for your reference.
- Send examples, if necessary, via inter-campus mail to the Director of Communications and Publications, referring to the request. If the publication is available on a disk or electronically, please send to the Director of Communications and Publications.