San Jacinto College believes that the physical, mental and emotional health of its employees is of the utmost importance. A comprehensive wellness program is offered to all full-time employees providing a wide variety of activities that educate, support and empower employees to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices.
An effective wellness program creates a healthy workplace climate, which encourages teamwork, cooperation, and empowerment of the individual. Individuals will have a sense of community, a shared vision, and a positive outlook.
- Effective programs create a culture that encourages wellness.
- Effective programs work at the group and organizational level to build support for healthful lifestyle choices.
- Effective programs set clear target objectives and objectives for the health improvement of the worksite.
Research indicates that walking just 30 minutes a day has a variety of positive health effects:
- 14% reduction in heart disease
- 40% reduction in breast cancer recurrence and mortality
- 50% reduction in colorectal cancer recurrence and mortality
- 25 to 40% reduction in diabetes-related kidney and eye disease
- 15 to 20% reduction in heart attack and stroke occurrences
Contact the Balance U Coordinators
Central Campus and District
281-998-6150 ext. 7157
281-998-6150 ext. 3261