Texas Public Education Grants (TPEG)
TPEG puts the adult learner on a fast track to an entry-level career in a variety of occupations: Healthcare, Business, Applied Technologies and Trades, and Computers/IT.
• Certified Nurse Aide (click here)
• Medical Office Professional (click here)
• Payroll Specialist (click here)
• Commercial Truck Driving (click here)
Computers and IT:
• Digital Literacy/ IC3 Certification (Microsoft Office, Email and Internet) (click here)
Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis for the fall and spring semesters. For most programs, the grant covers the entire cost of tuition. Students may be responsible for purchasing books and/or supplies.
Basic eligibility includes:
1. A demonstrated financial need.
2. Must meet state residency requirements (12 months).
3. Social Security number.
4. Not be in default status of a student loan, or have prior balance due to the college
In addition, individual training programs may require specific prerequisites such as: High School diploma/GED, negative TB screening, and/or a background check.
Required Application and Documentation
To apply, candidates must complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) and provide a 2012 Tax Return Transcript issued by the IRS, and copies of W-2s.
· TASFA Application (click here)
• TASFA Instructions (click here)
• How to Order an IRS Tax Return Transcript
For information, please refer to the flyer or call the TPEG Hotline at 281-478-3636.