July 14-16, 2014
In partnership with the Kroger Foundation, San Jacinto College Aerospace Academy is offering a summer camp for students ages 14-18 years old. Camp experience will include geocaching, GPS tracking and mapping of the International Space Station, basic electronics instruction, tours of NASA-JSC, professional speakers and much more!
To learn more about Geocaching, visit http://www.geocaching.com/
Details about the camp & Important Dates:
All who are interested in our Lost in Space camp will be required to complete our application & essay forms. The application deadline is May 28, 2014. The Aerospace Academy will select 30 students from the applicant pool and final selections will be announced on June 11, 2014 via email. Selected students will have until 5pm CST, on Friday, June 27 to pay registration fees via Marketplace. Up to 5 full scholarships will be awarded for this camp. (To be considered for the full scholarship, please check appropriate box at the top of the Application Form.)
1. Please complete our Application Form and fax or email it back to us. Fax number is 281-483-3789 or email us at JSC-SJCAerospaceAcademy@mail.nasa.gov. Once your registration forms are received, we will confirm via email.
2. 30 students will be selected from the applicant pool. Selections will be announced on 6/11/2014. If you are selected to participate in the camp, we will notify you via email. Included in this email will be your password for Marketplace online payment system. If you are selected for full scholarship, we will also notify you via email, however you will not need to follow up on Marketplace.
3. If you are selected, but did not receive a full scholarship, your next step is to make your summer camp payment Online! San Jacinto College now offers online payment options through our brand new website, Marketplace. You will use the password we gave you in the confirmation email as noted above. Those selected for full scholarships will not have to register/ pay through Marketplace.
3. Once you receive your confirmation email & your password, please visit the Marketplace and pay for your summer camp.
4. Finally, you will receive an email stating that your payment has been processed.
If you have any questions about our upcoming Lost in Space camp, please email us at: email@example.com