There will be on-campus bacterial meningitis vaccinations at all 3 San Jacinto College campuses through the summer of 2015. Vaccinations cost $90 each (cash only), and will be administered from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on each date, according to the following schedule: Printable Flyer PDF
|Date||South - Building/Room||Central - Building/Room||North - Building/Room|
|Monday, June 22||S6.194||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Monday, July 6||S6.196||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Tuesday, June 2||S6.196||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Tuesday, June 30||S6.196||C14.212A||N6.108|
|Tuesday, Aug. 4||S8.1010||C14.212A||N6.108|
|Wednesday, June 24||S6.196||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Wednesday, July 8||S6.194||C14.212A||N6.108|
|Wednesday, Aug. 12||S6.196||C14.212A||N6.108|
|Thursday, June 4||S6.196||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Thursday, July 2||S6.196||C14.212A||N6.108|
|Thursday, Aug. 6||S6.196||C14.212A||N17.2124A|
|Friday, Aug. 21||S6.196||C14.212A||N6.108|
College students under 22 years old must receive a meningitis vaccination
Requirement: The Texas Legislature requires that all incoming Texas college students must receive a vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must provide evidence that you are in compliance with the meningitis requirement before you will be permitted to register for classes.
What to do:
Obtain the vaccination from a private physician's office, clinic, or pharmacy, or through a public clinic.
Bring your immunization record to the Office of Enrollment Services on any San Jac campus, email it to the Meningitis Docs, Meningitis.Docs@sjcdedu.onmicrosoft.com, or fax it to 281-669-4720.
For your convenience you may download the Vaccination Verification Form to provide to your physician.
Who: The meningitis vaccine is required for the following individuals under 22 years of age:
- All new students to San Jacinto College including dual credit
- All returning San Jacinto College students who have had a break in enrollment for one or more Fall or Spring semesters
- All incoming Transfer students
- All Continuing and Professional Development (CPD) students taking "linked" courses. A linked CPD course is any course held in conjunction with an academic/credit course.
What: The student or parent or guardian of the student must provide evidence showing the student has received the bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster during the five-year period prior to enrollment, and not less than 10 days before the first day of classes.
Evidence/Documentation: Acceptable evidence of vaccination or receiving a booster dose includes:
- The signature or stamp of a physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel on a form that shows the month, day, and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered
- An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority
- An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state
Exceptions: Listed below are San Jacinto College students who are NOT REQUIRED to submit evidence of receiving the vaccination against bacterial meningitis or evidence of receiving a booster dose:
- Students who are 22 years of age or older
- Students who enrolled during the Fall 2011 term or earlier and who have maintained continual Fall and Spring term enrollment as long as they remain San Jac students (note: the exception does not apply once a San Jac student transfers to another college)
- Students who are enrolled only in Continuing and Professional Development courses or corporate training programs that are less than 360 contact hours that are not linked to Credit classes. Please contact CPD office for additional information.
Temporary Waivers: Listed below are San Jacinto College students who are not required to receive meningitis vaccinations, but are REQUIRED TO submit documentation for waiver (Meningitis Compliance Form).
- Students enrolled only in distance learning classes that are 100 percent online. NOTE: to obtain a temporary waiver form, click on the Meningitis Compliance Form on the College's Meningitis Website. Waiver must be submitted every semester.
- Students who present affidavits signed by licensed physicians stating that the vaccination would be injurious to the health of the students;
- Students who present conscientious exemption forms stating the students decline the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including religious belief. Download the Conscientious Exemption Form.
Please continue to visit our website for updated information regarding submission of required documentation: www.sanjac.edu/apply-register/overview/meningitis